Chimneys are one of your home’s most important – but also often most overlooked – assets. You may know it’s vital to have your chimney inspected annually and cleaned regularly, but did you know it’s best to schedule this maintenance early? In fact, the sooner you do it, the better.
Summertime is the perfect time to schedule your chimney inspection and cleaning for many reasons. Give us a call today to get started!
Why Annual Inspections?
Before we get into the pros of early scheduling, let’s tackle a common question… why are annual inspections so important?
A chimney inspection involves looking for safety and maintenance issues, such as cracks or other damage, that could affect the use of the chimney and appliance. If any repairs are needed, your chimney sweep can provide you with effective solutions to get your chimney back in shape before the start of your burning season.
- avoid fire-related accidents.
- reduce the likelihood of carbon monoxide exposure.
- prevent mold and water damage.
- increase energy efficiency.
- avoid smoke back-up.
- gain peace of mind, knowing your chimney is in good condition and will be ready for use when you need it.
Moreover, a well-maintained chimney will add value to your home. If you ever decide to sell your house, potential buyers will be impressed by a chimney that’s been regularly maintained – and turned off by one that needs costly repairs and maintenance.
The problem is, many put this maintenance off until cold weather comes back around. We get it – the last thing you’re thinking of on a hot summer day is your fireplace. That said, if you wait until winter to have your chimney inspected, repaired, and cleaned, you may find yourself without a working fireplace when you need it most.
Why Schedule Your Chimney Maintenance Early?
By investing in necessary maintenance early, you can avoid a long list of dangers and inconveniences related to your chimney. Some of the many benefits of early booking include:
- Easier Scheduling: It’s easier to schedule your chimney maintenance in the summer when fewer people are trying to do the same thing. Chimney sweeps are busiest in the fall and winter, so it’s harder to get a day and time that’s good with your schedule. The earlier you claim your spot, however, the easier and smoother the whole process be – and the less delays you’ll face.
- Earlier Detection of Problems: During a chimney inspection, the chimney sweep will look at the chimney inside and out to make sure there are not any issues that could turn into big and costly repairs. This will also get you plenty of time to have necessary services completed before the start of your burning season so that, again, you don’t face delays.
- Peace of Mind: In addition to avoiding costly damage, getting chimney care out of the way early guarantees peace of mind as you approach the fall season. Not only will you know your system will be ready for use right when you need it, but you can rest easier knowing everything will operate as safely and efficiently as possible.
- Ideal for Masonry Repairs: If your chimney needs masonry repairs, summertime is the ideal time to get them done because the warmer weather makes it easier for the mortar to set, dry, and cure properly. If you schedule your chimney maintenance early, you can have the repairs completed long before colder temperatures arrive – guaranteeing you a long-term fix!
- Tackle Excess Creosote Early: Creosote is a by-product of burning wood, and if it builds up in your chimney it may cause a blockage or chimney fire. Creosote is highly flammable and needs to be cleared out regularly to ensure more efficient fireplace operations.
- Avoid Winter Water Damage: Water can cause extensive damage to your chimney. It can seep into bricks and mortar, causing them to crack and crumble, and it can invite rust throughout various parts of your chimney too. Then there’s the freeze/thaw process, which is when the water in your bricks freezes, expands, and triggers even further damage. Some early preventative care can help you avoid this.
- Investment Protection: Your home is an investment, which means you need to take care of it to ensure the value is maintained. By having your chimney inspected and cleaned regularly, you’re protecting your assets. Neglect only leads to bigger and more time-consuming issues down the line – and can make your home harder to eventually sell.
Schedule Your Chimney Maintenance Today
Imagine those first cold days of the year. Now imagine kicking them off with a chimney and fireplace that’s not working – and having to wait weeks for an appointment. Avoid the frustration and disappointment by scheduling your chimney maintenance today.
Integrity Chimney Service is your local chimney expert, providing chimney inspections, chimney sweepings, and chimney repairs. We’re here to help you keep your chimney in perfect condition all year! Our chimney services deliver long-term solutions to any chimney-related problem you may have, and our team takes pride in providing excellent customer service and workmanship.
Don’t wait. Call us at 570-221-4113 or reach out online today to schedule an appointment.